Douglas-Williams House Museum was built in 1909 by James S. Douglas who was instrumental in borderlands copper mining development in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Sonoran-born Ben F. Williams was a borderlands cattleman, miner, and inventor. The Douglas-Williams Museum includes period rooms honoring the Douglas and Williams families, spaces with regularly changed displays, research library, and specialty areas. These are world-class Marty-Dess camera collection, Douglas smelters, Douglas schools memorabilia, Douglas Fire Dept. and Sonora’s Elías family, including Mexican President Plutarco Elías Calles.
Marianna Touloumes May 23rd, 2022