Call for 2020 Al Merito Award Nominations
Nominations are now open for the 2020 Arizona Historical Society Al Merito Award. All nominations must be received no later than Friday, February 14, 2020. Nomination forms received after that date cannot be considered.
The Arizona Historical Society established the Al Merito Award in 1973 to recognize individuals and organizations/groups from every corner of the state who have made outstanding contributions and serve as role models for preserving Arizona’s rich history.
We invite nominations of organizations and/or individuals whose special achievements have enriched the community through their vision, dedication, and love of Arizona history. Note: Applications may be submitted by anyone. AHS staff, AHS Board of Directors, and Chapter Board members are not eligible recipients while active. Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Outstanding contributions or extraordinary efforts to interpret and disseminate Arizona history.
- Demonstrated enrichment of a community (as defined by the applicant).
- Serves as a role model for the preservation of Arizona history.
- Number of years worked in the field of Arizona history.
- Preservation of previously untold Arizona history or engagement with an underserved audience.
How to Submit a Nomination
Download and complete the fillable PDF nomination form at the link below. If additional space is needed to provide justification for the nomination, please include additional pages. No handwritten nominations will be accepted.
Please return the completed nomination form by Friday, February 14, 2020 to Robert Fleck at [email protected], or mail to Robert Fleck, Arizona Heritage Center, 1300 N College Ave, Tempe, AZ 85281.
For questions regarding the Al Merito Award Nomination, please call Robert Fleck at (480) 387-5363 or email to [email protected].