Owned successively by mine owner and banker James S. (“Rawhide Jimmy”) Douglas and rancher and mayor Ben F. Williams, Sr., the Douglas-Williams House currently hosts the Douglas Historical Society, the Douglas High School Alumni Association, and the Cochise County Historical Society. Visit the Douglas-Williams House website for museum hours and information.
1001 D Ave., Douglas, AZ 85607
Built in the Strawberry Valley in 1885, this one-room structure is reputedly Arizona’s oldest standing school house. This home is operated as a museum by the Pine-Strawberry Archeological and Historical Society, Inc. Visit the Strawberry Schoolhouse website for museum hours and information.
9318 W Fossil Creek Road, Strawberry, AZ 85544
Charles O. Brown House
Constructed of adobe in the late 1840s, this house is likely Tucson’s oldest building. Among other things, Charles O. Brown is known for building the Congress Hall Saloon and for serving on Tucson’s first city council. The home features both southern Arizona and Sonora traditional architecture. This historic building is not currently operated as a museum.
40 W. Broadway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85701