The Arizona History Museum in Tucson and the Arizona Heritage Center at Papago Park in
The Arizona History Museum in Tucson and the Arizona Heritage Center at Papago Park in Tempe will open beginning on Tuesday, October 13. The Library and Archives will also open to researchers by appointment only.
- Museum Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Library and Archives: Tuesday-Friday by appointment only, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Email [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
We have increased the sanitization schedule for public areas and high-touch surfaces and installed plexiglass barriers at the front desks. Please know there may be delays in entering museums due to limited occupancy caused by physical distancing requirements.
A few additional updates:
- Museum guests, vendors, and visitors are asked to maintain 6-feet physical distancing in the museums.
- Masks or face coverings for museum guests, vendors, and visitors are required. AHS staff will be wearing face coverings.
- The museum gift shop will be open with a limited number of items.
- Library and Archives visits are by appointment only. Researchers and guests will be required to wear masks and gloves in the Library. These will be provided by AHS if needed. A handmade mask is acceptable. Email [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
- Guests are encouraged to purchase admission online. We encourage the use of credit/debit cards, although cash will be accepted.
- Drinking fountains will be closed, but guests will be allowed to bring personal water bottles inside museums. Bottled water is also available for purchase.
- We have increased the sanitization schedule for public areas and high-touch surfaces, installed plexiglass barriers at the front desks, and closed some small galleries and interactive areas.
- If you are not feeling well, or if you have a fever, we ask that you please stay home. If you purchased admission online, we will work with you to refund your ticket or honor it at a future date.
- Staff are taking precautions by wearing masks, and staying home if they are unwell, feel sick, or have a fever.
- For AHS Membership questions, please contact [email protected].
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 2:00 pm