Arizona History Digital Hub
Resources for Parents, Grandparents, and Educators
Looking for activities to engage kids, students, and families?
Printable PDF Activities
- Laundry Day Activity
- Hohokam Pottery Activity
- History of Mining and Crystals Activity
- Playthings of the Past Activity
- Hi Ho Silhouette Game
- Works Progress Administration in Arizona Activity
- Amphibious Arizona Activity
- Interview an Elder Activity
- Curate Your Own Exhibit At Home Activity
- Object Investigation Activity
- Peg Loom Activity
- Historic Painting – Kids History Activity
- Playing in the Past – Kids History Activity
- Riordan Mansion History – Kids History Activity
- Stories in Shapes – Kids History Activity
Resources and Handouts
- FREE Online Arizona History Content for Kids of All-Ages
- Candle Making Handout
- Butter Making Handout
- Rope Making Handout
Curriculum and Lesson Plans
- Resilience: Women in Flagstaff’s Past and Present Curriculum Guide and Resilience Exhibition Panels
- Riordan Mansion – A Family and a Forest Curriculum Guide – Grades 3-6
Oral History Resources
- History is Happening Now: Oral History Workshop YouTube Recording
- Oral History Workshop Handout PDF
- Interview an Elder Activity
“Ask the Author” Event Series Explores Arizona History
If you like reading the articles in the Journal of Arizona History, but have found yourself wanting to know more, here’s your chance! Join authors from the recent Journal of Arizona History issues as they present their research and answer questions.
- Next “Ask The Author” Event: Wednesday, August 26. More information coming soon!
Digital Jigsaw Puzzles
Enjoy fun digital jigsaw puzzles for all ages. Complete the puzzles today!
Zoom Backgrounds from History!
Do you have any virtual meetings scheduled? Looking to mix up your background? Check out a few backgrounds from the AHS Archives! Click on each image for full size to download to your computer. When in Zoom, click the arrow at the bottom left corner near the camera and select “Choose a Virtual Background.”
From Fashion Fridays to Arizona Trivia, photos from the archives, and highlights from the collections, follow us on social media to experience #HistoryAtHome.
Arizona Historical Society Social Media
- Arizona Historical Society Facebook (@arizonahistoricalsociety)
- Arizona Historical Society Instagram (@arizonahistoricalsociety)
- Arizona Historical Society Twitter (@AZHistSociety)
Museum Facebook Pages
- Pioneer Museum (https://www.facebook.com/flagstaffhistory/)
- Arizona Heritage Center at Papago Park (https://www.facebook.com/AZHeritageCenter/)
- Arizona History Museum (https://www.facebook.com/arizonahistorymuseum/)
- Downtown History Museum (https://www.facebook.com/DowntownHistoryMuseum/)
- Fort Lowell Museum (https://www.facebook.com/FortLowellMuseum/)
- Sanguinetti House Museum & Gardens (https://www.facebook.com/SanguinettiHouse)
Don’t miss Twitter Takeover Tuesdays! Each Tuesday, a historian will take over @AZHistSociety, sharing their research. Follow @AZHistSociety for more!